Addictions
This morning I woke up from a night of tossing and turning. Don't you hate it when your trying to sleep and you can't because you are picking up on other peoples energy which is causing you to toss and turn. I realize during this that I am picking up on someone else's energy, but I always wake up wondering why... Last night I watched the show Intervention. It is a show about addictions and getting help for those with addictions. There is a few people I know that could use some type of intervention. How do you know when the right time is to intervene and help someone? When is the last straw? When is getting involved too much or not enough? These are some of the questions I ask myself. Addictions destroy dreams and destroy people. Addictions always seem to start of innocent and then all of sudden it has completely taken over your life and you no longer know who you are any more. The key issues to recovering from addictions always lie beneath the issues we are hiding from. I guess the key to fighting an addiction is to truly Love Yourself more than your addiction. For all of you that are fighting addictions and there are many types of addictions, try loving yourself. Tell yourself everyday that you love your self. This way you can gain the inner strength you need to fight the demons that are keeping you away from your dreams and discovering yourself. Once you've gained the self esteem and strength to fight your addictions you can work on the underlining issues that are causing you to hide from yourself.
May Love Conquer All...
May Love Conquer All...

1 Comments:
Intervening is tricky; the person has to want to address the problem and work towards a solution, else all is just considered "nosing in'.
It seems the situation usually has to reach some sort of big event or extreme happening in order for the person to realize that change is needed and there are people around who care and will help and support.
This just from my experience with a brother.
Peace, (from the lower '48)
Post a Comment
<< Home